DULUTH, Ga.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Telchemy announced the availability of VQmon Release 5.0, the newest version of their market leading real-time embedded VoIP/Video/Data analytics library. VQmon has an installed base of 500 million units integrated into a broad range of networking, telecom and test equipment ranging from IP phones and residential gateways to high capacity core network systems. VQmon performs real time analysis of Voice over IP, IP Videoconferencing, Video Streaming, IPTV and Data services at rates of up to two million packets per second per core, taking virtually zero CPU to analyze single calls or sessions but scaling to 10Gbits/second and above on a multicore platform.
The new 5.0 release adds up to 30% faster processing speed and a range of new functionality.
- VQmon’s intelligent codec type detection has been improved and extended to automatically detect video codec type. This enables accurate analysis of voice, audio and video streams in cases where signaling is encrypted or unavailable.
- The Voice and Audio codec models have been integrated into a single cohesive model, which enables seamless processing of VoIP calls or Audio sessions regardless of codec type and in-session codec or rate changes.
- VQmon 5.0 supports an adaptive playout buffer for Videoconferencing that ensures that automatic playout buffer changes resulting from either Video or Audio stream behaviors are synchronized across media type.
- DTMF analysis enables out-of-band RFC4733/2833 DTMF sequences to be detected and analyzed, which facilitates troubleshooting of access to conferencing and IVR systems.
- VQmon is now able to detect IoT protocols such as MQTT and CoAP as part of its comprehensive Data analytics functionality.
- VQmon 5.0 can detect and report if RTP streams are secured (using SRTP) which enables verification that calls are actually secure.
VQmon provides the industry’s most comprehensive and widely accepted analytics library for real time services. It is integrated into leading IP phone vendors’ products, providing per-call reporting of VoIP Quality of Experience, into VoIP and Video test equipment from many of the established test equipment manufacturers and into Routers, Session Border Controllers and other core network systems. First introduced in 2001, VQmon is the industry standard for real time application performance analytics.
Telchemy® is the global leader in analytics technology for real-time applications and multimedia IoT with its VQmon®, Embiot™, DVQattest®, SQprobe® and SQmediator® families of service quality monitoring and analysis products. Telchemy pioneered the use of embedded analytics technology and the application of big data for VoIP and Video performance management, and is positioned to be a leading provider of analytics technology for the emerging IoT market. Founded in 1999, the company has products deployed worldwide and markets its technology both directly and through many leading networking, test and management product companies.